WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
WQED is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Inquire Within Coordinator
Part-Time 15-20 hours per week
Reports to: Inquire Within Manager
Hours: Within regular business hours; flexible. Extended hours or weekends as agreed upon for events.
This position is responsible for working with the Manager of Inquire Within on a variety of projects. Responsibilities include:
- Track and add programs to internal calendar as well as metrics spreadsheet
- Identify and organize appropriate resources to support library programs
- Prepare and deliver resources in a timely manner
- Library site visits
- Prepare and present to large group on specific topics
- Assist with outreach programs
- Prepare on boarding materials for new libraries; conduct on-boarding meetings with new libraries
- Be familiar with the catalog of PBS programs and materials available for both children and adults
- Order materials as needed
- Follow and post to social media accounts when appropriate
- Regular updates to Inquire Within blog
Required education and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Writing, grammar, and proofreading skills a must.
- Education/library experience is a plus.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.