WQED Pittsburgh, honored with the 2007 and 2006 Mid-Atlantic Emmy® Award for Station Excellence, was founded in 1954 as the nation's first community-supported broadcaster. WQED creates, produces and distributes quality programs, products and services to engage, inform, educate and entertain the public within its community and around the world. WQED Pittsburgh is one of the first broadcasters in the country to be fully high-definition (HD) in its studio and field production capabilities. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Create Channel; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org); and The WQED Education Department.
The Account Executive is responsible for generating revenue for WQED Multimedia by developing and furthering relationships with clients to insure continued support for the organization's broadcast products and services.
- Develop and present proposals to meet pre-determined needs of client for presentations.
- Write contract request forms.
- Develop schedule of announcements and deliver to FM and Production Assistant for traffic placement.
- Write announcements for client approval and deliver to FM traffic person and/or Production Assistant along with video components.
- Develop promotional and/or underwriting ideas for clients.
- Collect payment from clients.
- Generate new business through targeting prospects.
- Maintain up-to-date information of broadcast businesses as well as client business.
- Develop a list of targeted media and matching prospect's needs with WQED program/strategies.
- Contact prospective client – pre-determine needs and set up appointments.
- Volunteer for station events and perform other company projects as needed.
Required education and skills:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience is required. A Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- One year of sales and marketing experience, preferably in the broadcast industry, is required.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of sales techniques and broadcast industry sales along with excellent customer service and social media skills.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Broadcast Maintenance Technician
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to maintain and repair satellite receivers, cameras, switchers, graphic systems, audio equipment, videotape systems, routers, intercoms, monitors and other distribution and production equipment associated with a broadcast television and radio station.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and manuals.
- Compliant with required safety and technical standards.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in interpreting and diagnosing operational/technical equipment problems.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including mornings, nights and weekends.
- Remain current on the developments and applications of state of the art broadcast engineering technology.
- Five (5) years’ experience in broadcast television and radio.
- Associate’s degree in electronics and/or completion of a certificate program in electronics from an accredited technical institute.
- Computer proficiency in hardware, software and networking.
- Proficient in test equipment for use in installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast systems.
Candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
WQED is an Equal Opportunity Employer with leadership and a culture that supports diversity and inclusion