About Smart Schools
WQED is teaming up with local schools to bring teachers, students, and families, Smart Schools. Smart Schools infuses research-based, parent-trusted PBS resources into classrooms to create innovative and impactful learning experiences for school-aged learners. Smart Schools uses the power of media to educate, engage, and inspire 21st-century learners while reimagining media-first partnerships to build and sustain a new approach to educational media.
Schools have the opportunity to receive professional development from the WQED Education Team. They also have access to PBS based family engagement programs such as Family and Community Learning Workshops, screener premieres of PBS shows before they air on TV, and can select from a number of afterschool programs (such as math iQ) to offer to their students and families.
- Barrett Elementary School
- Frazier Elementary School
- Hatfield Elementary School
- Hutchinson Elementary School
- Kelly Elementary School
- Marshall Elementary School
- R.W. Clark Elementary School
- Sto-Rox Primary School
- Trinity North Elementary School
- Trinity South Elementary School
- Trinity East Elementary School
- Trinity West Elementary School