Tomato and Garlic Day
Visit Phipps to celebrate the delicious, fresh and healthy foods of the summer season at our 15th annual Tomato and Garlic Day! Join us on our front lawn to shop for tasty foods including fresh fruits, vegetables, garlic, olive oils, pastas and a variety of specialty goods from area vendors. Plus, make a donation of fresh produce to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank to receive free Conservatory admission.
Savor the flavor of summer with the following free, fun activities:
- A festive outdoor market focused on local and organic goods will feature olive oils, pastas, breads, garlic, jarred items and vinegars, seasonal fruits and vegetables, bath and body products, ceramics, succulents and other garden goodies
- Doug Oster of Everybody Gardens will dish up delicious samples of ultimate garlic lovers' soup
- Kids will enjoy participating in pot-a-plant activities and meeting the tomato mascot
- Your gardening questions will be answered by asking Dr. Phipps
- WISH 99.7 FM radio will join the celebration, broadcasting live from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens