WQED Multimedia champions communities by telling stories and creating experiences that educate, entertain and inspire our neighbors and friends in Pittsburgh and across southwestern Pennsylvania. Seventy years ago, we launched the country’s first community-supported television station—a forerunner to PBS. Fifty years ago, our classical radio station went on the air. Looking forward, we aim to become known as more than a broadcaster as we enrich communities through education and storytelling.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The annual compensation band for this full-time position is $80,000 to $120,000 base salary, commensurate with experience. This position is also eligible for performance bonuses based on WQED’s annual operating plan. Employer-sponsored benefits include health insurance via UPMC’s Business Advantage plan ($500 deductible, with premiums on a wage-based sliding scale). WQED pays 100% of the premiums for: Delta Dental PPO, long-term disability insurance from The Hartford, and basic life insurance at 1.5X salary. We offer optional vision insurance through Vision Benefits of America. After 12 months, WQED also contributes 5% of employees’ salary to a 403(b) retirement plan managed by TIAA-CREF.
WQED Multimedia is seeking a Head of Partnership Solutions to lead the successful cultivation and expansion of institutional investments from foundations, government agencies, businesses and beyond. WQED proudly partners with local and national corporations, community arts & culture organizations, colleges & universities, nonprofits and other entities seeking to celebrate, champion and positively influence communities across southwestern Pennsylvania.
As a member of WQED’s senior leadership team, you will be accountable for maintaining and growing what’s currently ~$4 million in non-membership revenue. This is a mix of broadcast advertising, promotional partnerships and trade agreements, underwriting sponsorships, and restricted grants intended to accelerate the impact of various programs and other initiatives.
This is a hybrid role that’s expected to commute to and contribute from WQED’s offices in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh at least three days per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to)
- Develop and execute a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate and solicit grant funding from local and national foundations, as well as private and public investments from all levels of government, stewarding ongoing relationships for renewals and incremental support
- Identify new growth opportunities to drive incremental investment in multimedia content, education programs and live events
- Establish monthly/quarterly/annual programs, opportunities, initiatives and underwriting products that meet the needs of investors, community members, and support WQED’s financial goals
- Create comprehensive and cohesive go-to-market strategies through cross-functional collaboration with internal departments
- Demonstrate broad understanding of the current competitive landscape, with ongoing reporting of market trends, recommendations and adaptability strategies to elevate WQED Multimedia as THE championed community partner in Pittsburgh
- Enterprise new product development with annual general presentation, quarterly/monthly and customized opportunities, enticed by case studies, annual/quarterly reports and similar B2B materials that demonstrate WQED Multimedia’s value proposition
- Review and approve applications, letters of inquiry, proposals, and all other partner communications, ensuring submissions are thorough, compelling and meet the requirements of the funding
- Evolve strategy and tactics to cultivate, solicit and steward grants from local and national foundations and local, state and federal sources of public funds
- Manage internal process and procedures to improve efficiency and drive successful revenue generation to meet or exceed goals
- Prepare and internally present budgets, pipeline projections, proposals, reports, presentations, contracts and other documents
- Oversee management of CRM, lead identification strategy, and account allocation to Account Executives with a growth mindset
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (including but not limited to)
- Minimum of 10 years in revenue-generating management positions
- Proven performance increasing revenue YoY while leading a foundation, underwriting, outside sales and/or other B2B team
- Recognition for consistently meeting or exceeding goals
- Ability to learn and successfully navigate federal underwriting regulations for public broadcasters, including compliance with PBS standards and practices
- Demonstrated experience successfully applying for and administering grants from foundation and government agencies, preferably from southwestern Pennsylvania sources.
- Proven track record fostering professional relationships with executives representing various investors, including foundation program officers, elected officials, marketing leaders, and community relations leaders who manage DEI and ESG budgets
- Background managing the foundation, grant, government and/or sales/sponsorship proposal development process, with established experience leading successful collaboration across multiple departments
- Experience managing, developing and leading a multilevel team
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to proactively manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with evolving priorities and industry pressures
- Self motivated, creative and strategic thinker, with a collaborative mindset and proven success working cross-functionally in matrixed environments
- Certification from the Association of Fundraising Professionals or equivalent highly desirable
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM, SaaS, web-based applications and other systems related to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or equivalent professional experience preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
WQED Multimedia is a fair and equal employer, providing access and opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, self expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law and as directed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. WQED Multimedia provides equitable consideration for employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements. Qualified applicants with a disability or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply (as a result of their disability) have the right to request reasonable accommodation by emailing careers@WQED.org.
Apply online via https://wqed.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a24tqgdy9bs6/aa0