Cardigan Day 2021
Zipper Up, Button Down!
It’s time to get your sweater ready to celebrate WQED’s Cardigan Day on November 13.
1. Wear your favorite cardigan.
2. Encourage others (including your pets) to do the same!
3. Snap a picture and share it on social media using the #CardiganDay hashtag.
As has been the yearly Cardigan Day tradition, WQED asks its “neighbors” to support and spread kindness by donning their cardigans and using social media to post photos with the hashtag #CardiganDay. Let us again blow-up social media, as we did in the past with trending as number one, as cardigan-wearing babies, pets and entire classrooms of students overtook Facebook and Twitter with their posts.
To celebrate CARDIGAN DAY on November 13, WQED will host six “kindness” selfie stations. No matter what the thermometer says... it will be #CardiganDay. And by posting that image to your social stream(s), a virtual cardigan party can spread across all of our very real neighborhoods!
- Wilkinsburg: Nancy's Diner, 616 South Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- The Sandwich Shop & Deli, 121 Brownsville Ave, Brownsville, PA 15417
- Bethel Bakery, 2500 Washington Rd, Canonsburg, PA 15317 (North Strabane Location)
- de Fer Coffee & Tea, 2002 Smallman St, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 (Strip District Location)
- Riverstone Books, 8850 Covenant Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15237 (McCandless Crossing)
- Bakery Square, 6425 Penn Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15206
Download cardigan-clad cartoon characters that you can color in from Cartoon Academy's Joe Wos!