ATTENTION: The Pennsylvania Primary Election will be postponed to June 2, 2020. PA voters might consider requesting an Absentee Ballot or Mail-in Ballot. You can find information regarding application and deadlines HERE.
The presidential and other pivotal elections of 2020 are considered by many to be the most consequential in recent history. Beyond the campaign issues, the public is also concerned about the fallout from an increasingly divided electorate.
WQED's "Campaign U" initiative will help voters sift through the sometimes cluttered political landscape.
Watch for more videos and resources in the weeks and months ahead.
Know Your Candidate
The Youth Vote
The bigger picture for younger voters
• Voter turnout among 18-29 year olds increased 16 percentage points between 2014 and 2018.
• Hispanic and Asian voters have historically voted at lower rates than Caucasians and African Americans, but voting among Hispanics and Asians increased in 2018.
• Some of the increased voter turnout among all demographics is attributed to the polarizing Trump presidency.
Source: US Census Bureau
Fact or Fake?
How to recognize a fake news story
2. Check what news outlet published it
3. Check the publish date and time
4. Who is the author?
5. Look at what links and sources are used
6. Look out for questionable quotes and photos
7. Beware confirmation bias
8. Search if other news outlets are reporting it
9. Think before you share
Source: Huffington Post