End of Life:
Discussions on Dying & Dignity
This special explores the issues in preparing for one's own, or a loved one's death. Hosted by Michael Bartley, the program features a studio audience and guest panelists who are experts on various issues related to achieving quality end of life care. Viewers are invited to interact through email. The panelists will respond to those questions as well as questions and comments from the studio audience.
Click here to submit a question or comment. Topics include advanced care planning, care management, palliative and hospice care, estate planning and other legal preparedness, and grief support. You may remain anonymous.
Click here to watch the discussion.
Dr. Karen Powers is a physician advisor with Highmark and has 27 years experience in Geriatric and Internal Medicine. She will be answering questions about advanced care planning.
Evelyn Allan is a licensed social worker with Family Hospice and Palliative Care and will answer questions about end of life care management.
Frank Petrich is a certified Elder Law Attorney with Julian Gray Associates and is a past chair of the Elder Law Committee of the Allegheny County Bar Association. He will answer questions about wills and estate planning.
Dr. Randy Hebert is medical director of Forbes Hospice in Oakland and he will answer questions about Hospice and Palliative care.
Terese Vorscheck is the director of the Highmark Caring Place, a center for grieving children, adolescents and their families.
Videos to Watch
Read & Learn More
- Is There Anything I Can Do? Supporting a Friend Who is Grieving (pdf)
- Questions Grieving Children Ask (pdf)
- Saying Goodbye: Preparing a Child for Funeral or Cremation (pdf)
- Creating Connections: When a Parent is Diagnosed with a Life-Threatening Illness (pdf)
- Telling the Children: Talking with a Child When a Parent is Diagnosed with a Life-Threatening Illness (pdf)
- Health Care Power of Attorney and Living Will Form (pdf)
- For More Information...
Websites to Visit