Jun 05 2013
Fledge Watchers needed!
The three peregrine nestlings at the I-79 Neville Island Bridge are due to fledge in the next seven days. Laura Marshall and Anne Marie Bosnyak need your help observing at this site. If a fledgling lands in the river he must be rescued or he will drown.
Weather permitting, Laura will be watching at these dates and times if you wish to join her. Meet her under the Fairfield Inn sign on Neville Island.
- Wednesday June 5, 10:00-12:00.
- Thursday June 6, on and off 7:30-11:30.
- Friday, June 7, off and on all day on both sides of the river. Stop below the Fairfield Inn sign. If no one’s there, look for Laura with binoculars on the other side of the river and wave. She’ll come over and bring you around to Glenfield side where she has permission to stand.
- Saturday, June 8, 7:30-9:30am. If you can come at other times, please do!
- Sunday, June 9, after 12:00pm.
- Next week to be announced: Anne Marie will coordinate on Monday.
If you can’t make it at these times, please visit on your own. Watchers at all times are greatly appreciated! Click here for directions.
Leave a comment if you wish to contact Laura directly and I’ll put you in touch with her.
(photo of I-79 Neville Island Bridge from Wikimedia Commons)