Dec 30 2010
- This animal doesn’t flap, but it does fly.
- It has better lift and less drag than many insects.
- It’s lift ability is the same as for hawks and wood ducks.
- The longest time it’s been recorded aloft is 45 seconds.
- It can travel as much as 1,300 feet in one flight. That’s more than 4 football fields!
- And, with the help of the wind, it can speed along at 43 miles per hour.
Leave a comment with your answer.
(If you’re really stumped, the answer is at this link.)
(photo from Wikimedia Commons. Click on the image to see the original)