May 27 2010

New Adventure This Morning

Published by at 7:24 am under Peregrines

The juvenile peregrines are ledge-walking at the Cathedral of Learning.  This morning one of them explored the snapshot camera.

Don’t expect to see all five on camera today.

They will definitely fledge soon.

See this Peregrine FAQ for more information on fledging.

(photo from the National Aviary webcam at the Cathedral of Learning)

8 Responses to “New Adventure This Morning”

1. Marianneon 27 May 2010 at 8:22 am

Thank you Kate for the darling pic and info! As the chicks start disappearing from the nest today, we will know where they are and why. :-)

2. Jennieon 27 May 2010 at 8:44 am

The looks on the faces of the other peregrines are priceless! They still look like babies with the white fluff sticking out here and there.

3. Joannon 27 May 2010 at 9:44 am

I’ve seen them on the green carpet on the edge of the nest the past couple of days & the one closest to the camera always seems to be looking up at you. It’s so cute-I’ll miss them when they are gone but I have other websites I can go to see newer born chicks grow up. Are the cameras down this morning neither one seems to be working?

4. Kate St. Johnon 27 May 2010 at 10:22 am

As of 10:20am both streaming webcams are working on the Aviary website. Perhaps you experienced a temporary glitch.

5. Lucieon 27 May 2010 at 11:56 am

I could not get the streaming webcams to work for me either – last night from home and 3 times today from work—-I don’t know why I cannot connect. I get the Aviary website up but the videos do not work…..

It will be sad to see the COL kids out of the nest. Joann – what websites have the newer born chicks to watch?

6. Joannon 27 May 2010 at 12:43 pm

Lucie, One of them is http://www.falconcam.med.ualberta.ca. This one is at the University of Alberta in Canada. I don’t think the eggs have hatched yet. I know last year I was able to get my “fix” until middle to end of June. There is also one in Manitoba British Columbia but I haven’t been able to bring up the cam there but the website is http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/features/falcon. The eggs have hatched there.

7. Joannon 27 May 2010 at 1:02 pm

if you go to http://www.pacast.com they are about to bring in the 3 chicks from the Rachel Carson Bldg in Harrisburg for the banding. They are showing it live & there are school kids in the auditorium.

8. Debbie Kon 28 May 2010 at 9:56 am

How did you get them all to pose for the camera!! So cute!