Apr 26 2010

Chat with Dr. Todd Katzner, April 28 at 7:00pm

Published by at 7:25 am under Books & Events,Peregrines

This Wednesday, April 28, Dr. Todd Katzner of the National Aviary will be available from 7:00pm-7:30pm in the Cathedral of Learning webcam chat to answer your questions about peregrines.

Dr. Katzner is a raptor expert, the Director of Conservation and Field Research at the National Aviary and an Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of Pittsburgh.  His research includes satellite tracking of eastern golden eagles to assess the risks of wind energy development in their migration corridor.

To participate on Wednesday at 7:00pm, login at the “Please sign in or sign up for free” links on the Cathedral of Learning webcam page

Bring your questions for a lively discussion.

11 Responses to “Chat with Dr. Todd Katzner, April 28 at 7:00pm”

1. faith Cornellon 26 Apr 2010 at 9:25 am

I saw that in chat room yesterday; have it marked to be there for sure. Will surely be interesting to us “watchers”.

2. Kathy McCharenon 26 Apr 2010 at 1:07 pm

I’m not going to be able to participate…do you know if the “chat” record can be archived for later?

3. Marianneon 26 Apr 2010 at 1:44 pm

I can participate, but like Kathy, would like to know if a record of the chat can be saved for later.

4. Kate St. Johnon 26 Apr 2010 at 3:27 pm

The contents of WildEarth chat is not stored anywhere and it erases the previous day’s content if it hasn’t already reached its maximum, which seems to be just over one page of scrollback. Also, the chat cannot be copied and pasted.
    If anyone knows a way around this, please comment.

5. Deborahon 26 Apr 2010 at 3:41 pm

I have a question, but I can’t attend. Is there some way that I can send in my question?

6. Kate St. Johnon 26 Apr 2010 at 3:45 pm

Post your question here as a comment & I will send it to Dr. Katzner.

All comments on this blog are moderated so I see them in advance & can hold them for later.

7. Tracion 26 Apr 2010 at 7:36 pm

Since I helped coordinate this, I am already planning on screen captures of the chat as it occurs, and then transcribing. Once it’s transcribed, I’ll ask Kate how we can make it accessible for those who may be interested.

Just a warning – it may take a couple of weeks for me to transcribe it, due to the completion of the semester for my Master’s – but I will get it done. A couple of people have offered to help me – so it may be sooner.

Also, I want to thank Kate for also helping to coordinate this and for advertising it on her always beautiful blog! Thanks Kate – who obviously is a wealth of information herself! :)

8. Kathy McCharenon 27 Apr 2010 at 9:06 am

Thanks, Kate and Traci, for your help! It will be very interesting to see the transcription…

9. Anne Curtison 29 Apr 2010 at 1:44 am

We couldn’t come due to a prior commitment. Can I help transcribe? Not to brag, but I was BORN an editor, and have free time.

Anne

10. Kate St. Johnon 29 Apr 2010 at 9:39 am

Anne, thanks for the offer. Jennie, Donna and Traci are already on top of it. Sounds like they’ll have a transcipt quite soon.

11. Kate St. Johnon 30 Apr 2010 at 9:50 am

Click here for the transcript of Wednesday night’s chat with Dr. Todd Katzner. Thanks to Donna, Jenny and Traci for making this possible.