Mar 22 2010
If you’ve been having trouble seeing the National Aviary’s streaming webcams, here are some technical tips on what to do.
- If you used to be able to see the stream but now see a big, white, spinning circle or no video at all: This means your computer thinks it’s connected to the stream but it it isn’t. To set it straight, close all your browser windows. Then open one browser window — !do not go to the webcam pages yet! — and empty cache. To empty cache in Internet Explorer 8, choose Tools > Internet Options > [Delete] browsing history. To really convince your computer to behave, reboot it, empty cache and don’t view either of the streaming videos until your computer has been running for about 5 minutes.
- Chat problems:
- Chat does not work on the Gulf Tower webpage. You can sign in but you’ll see nothing.
- If you sign into Gulf Tower chat it may confuse your computer. Close your browser windows and reopen. Only sign in to Cathedral of Learning chat.
- If you’re having problems all the time:
- Wildearth has learned that Firefox’s update 3.6 does not work with their web pages. NOTE ON MARCH 23: Firefox 3.6.2 does work. If your Firefox is not on that version, you’ll need to update it
- If you don’t have java enabled on your computer, you won’t be able to see the streams.
- AUDIO WITH NO VIDEO was fixed (we hope) on March 24: If you can hear the audio and see the ads but have no video, then empty your browser’s cache and reload the page. In Internet Explorer 8, choose Tools > Internet Options > [Delete] browsing history.