underwriting and sponsorship opportunities
WQED fm89.3 offers underwriting messages in :15 lengths, which can appear before, during, or following programs. They are sold like commercial radio buys: Underwriters select daypart, frequency and flight length. Packages are available to maximize your investment and target specific audience segments.
WQED fm89.3 is unique... and uniquely valuable to its underwriters. It serves a very loyal, supportive, and attractive demographic that businesses cannot target with such concentration through any other media. Only 12 percent of the American public fit the profile of the public radio audience whose income, education, social and intellectual resources surpass all others:
- Successful, sophisticated adults with abundant means
- Established and emerging business, government and thought leaders, called to civic responsibility
- Accomplished achievers who actively consume upscale, prestige products and value quality and service more than price or sales
- Reflective thinkers with a lifelong thirst for knowledge and responsibility
- Innovators with a cultivated taste for the finer things in life that express their taste, independence and personality
On WQED fm89.3 you reach them en masse, from rising young professionals to vibrant, involved seniors:
- Weekly audience approaching 127,000
- Approximately 45% of listeners 35-64-years-old
- Approximately two-thirds under 65, one-third under 45
- Seven in ten of public radio's largest audience segment have advanced degrees and virtually all graduated college
- One in three of their household incomes is over $100,000
Hosts with a Dedicated Following, Messages the Audience Really Hears
WQED fm89.3 announcers aren't just voices - many are musicians themselves, and all are trusted music authorities. Listeners pay close attention to our hosts and programs. They return often to escape the noise and stress of life, and savor intelligent company and great music in an uncluttered environment - where your message stands out and is not lost amidst morning zoo antics or 20 minutes-an-hour of commercials.
- Jim Cunningham
- Anna Singer
- Ted Sohier
- Stephen Baum
Quality Fine Arts with Local Focus and International Reach
Culture lovers appreciate the rich array of world-renowned performers and quality arts and entertainment in Pittsburgh and the surrounding area. And they prefer businesses that support public radio to those who don't. WQED fm89.3 associates underwriters with the highest quality local, national and international programming:
- Pittsburgh Symphony Radio concert broadcasts and tour coverage
- The WQED Morning Show - a happy mix of morning music, arts news and community voices, from music-makers to music-loving listeners
- Performance in Pittsburgh - regional and international artists on Pittsburgh stages
- Pittsburgh Opera and New York Metropolitan Opera
- National Public Radio News
- Top-shelf public radio classics
- A Prairie Home Companion with Garrison Keillor
- Saint Paul Sunday and Exploring Music with Bill McGlaughlin
- From the Top
- Summer festivals from The Proms to Bayreuth, Vienna, Aspen, Tanglewood, Spoleto and Chautauqua
- Nine Lessons and Carols, New Year's Day from Vienna.
Over the past dozen years, WQED fm89.3 has won the New York Festivals Radio Award, two Gabriel Awards, six AIR Awards, ten Pennsylvania Association of Broadcasters Awards, The Ed King Memorial Award, six Golden Quill Awards, and national ACE Award honors for creative excellence in fundraising.
Over Thirty Years of Unique Community Service
WQED fm89.3 has been able to serve the community's cultural interests since 1973 because our listeners are deeply involved with the station. They support it generously, and make a point to frequent businesses that underwrite our programming. They prefer this civic responsibility, and the quality of your products and services, to sales and gimmicks because price is of less concern to this prime demographic.